Monday, November 1, 2010

Wrong values for Location and GroupID of Custom Actions specified in SharePoint SDK

While I was researching a problem reported by a user @ SharePointoverflow.com, I realized that if I wanted to add a link to Central Admin site’s “Site Collection” section of “Application Management” and use the Location and GroupID specified in SharePoint SDK, it would NOT work!

It wasn’t a pleasant surprise to me. The problem which lead me to investigate the issue is: http://www.sharepointoverflow.com/questions/6689/central-admin-custom-action-menu-not-appearing

If you are interested in correct values, please visit: http://bloggingabout.net/blogs/arjen/archive/2010/02/04/custom-action-definitions-in-sharepoint-2010.aspx

I finally found the problem and answered to the user. It turned out that I have to mark the feature element with AutoActivateInCentralAdmin="TRUE" so that when the feature which is scoped at “Web” would activate automatically in the central administration and display my custom action.

No comments:

Post a Comment